Debt collectors like GC Services, LP, cannot harass you over a debt. You have rights under the law. We will stop the harassment once and for all.
THE BEST PART IS…
If GC Services violated the law, you will get money damages and GC Services will pay our fees and costs. You will not pay us a penny for our time. Plus, some of our clients also receive debt relief and cleaned up credit reports. You have nothing to lose! Call us today at 888-572-0176 for a free consultation.
Who is GC Services, LP?
GC Services is a collection agency, headquartered in Houston, TX. GC Services was founded in 1957 and now has over thirty call centers across the US. GC Services is a Limited Partnership. According to their website, GC Services offers a wide array of accounts receivable solutions.
We’ve helped a lot of consumers deal with GC Services. While they are most well known for collecting on college student loan debt, they also collect on debt from retail, utility, banking, telecommunication, automotive industries, credit cards, installment loans, auto loans, retail store credit cards, student loans, insurance claims, and healthcare debt. GC Services is both a first and third party debt collector. Third party collection means that they are hired by outside companies to collect debt on the company’s behalf whereas first party means that they are a subsidiary of the original company the debt is owed to.
Often times GC Services does not identify themselves as a collector when placing account receivable calls to consumers and that is something to watch out for as it is a violation of the law for them not to. If GC Services has left you a voicemail, save it and call us. If they left a message that violates the law, we can help.
GC Services, LP, Address, Phone Number, and Contact Information
GC Services is located at 6330 Gulfton Street, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77081. The main telephone numbers for GC Services are 800-756-6524 and 713-777-4441. These are just two of many GC Services contact numbers.
GC Services’ website is https://www.gcserv.com/
Phone Numbers Used By GC Services
GC Services likely has dozens, if not over 100, phone numbers it calls from. Here are a few phone numbers GC Services may be calling you from:
GC Services Lawsuits
If you want to know just how unhappy consumers are with GC Services, take a look at the number of lawsuits filed against GC Services on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (“PACER”). PACER is the federal docket throughout the country that lists federal complaints filed against GC Services. When you do a search for GC Services, there are over 1500 lawsuits filed against GC Services. Most of these lawsuits involve consumer rights’ violations.
GC Services Complaints
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) is a federal law that applies to everyone in the United States. In other words, everyone is protected under the FDCPA. The FDCPA is a laundry list of what GC Services can and cannot do while collecting a debt, as well as things debt collectors must do while collecting a debt. If GC Services is harassing you over a debt, you have rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) protects you from robocalls. Robocalls are those annoying, automated, recorded calls that a computer makes to you all day long. You can tell it’s a robocall because either no one is on the other end of the line or there’s a delay when you pick up the phone before a live person comes on the line. You can get $500 per call if GC Services violates the TCPA. Have you received a message from GC Services that sounds pre-recorded? Or, maybe the message you received from GC Services is cutoff at the beginning or the end? These are tell-tale signs that the message is pre-recorded. If you have these messages on your cell phone, you may have a TCPA case against GC Services.
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act (“EFTA”) protects electronic payments that are deducted from bank accounts. If GC Services took unauthorized deductions from your bank account, you may have an EFTA claim. GC Services, like most collection agencies, wants to set up reoccurring payments from consumers. Imagine how much money GC Services gets if hundreds, if not thousands, of consumers electronically pay them $50-$100, or more, per month. If you agreed to this type of reoccurring payment, GC Services must follow certain steps to comply with the EFTA. Did GC Services continue to take electronic payments after you said stop? Did GC Services take more money from your checking account than you agreed to? If so, let’s talk about your rights under the EFTA.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) works to ensure that no information reported to your credit report is false. In essence, it gives you the right to dispute those inaccuracies that you find on your credit report. We handled a lot of cases recently where GC Services reported debt on a consumer’s credit report. GC Services likely reports on credit reports to obtain greater leverage over the consumer. If GC Services is on your credit report, they may tell you if you pay the debt, they’ll remove it from your credit report. This is commonly known as pay for delete. You pay GC Services, and they delete the debt from your credit report. Even if GC Services is not on your credit report, maybe the original creditor is. If you pay off the debt to GC Services, then the original creditor, and GC Services, should accurately report this on your credit report.
Several states also have laws that provide its citizens an additional layer of protection. For example, if you live in California, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, Montana, or Pennsylvania you may be able to tack on a state-law claim with your federal law claim above. North Carolina, for example, has one of the most consumer-friendly statutes in the country. If you live in NC, and you’re harassed over a debt, you may get $500.00 – $4,000.00 in damages per violation. We work with a local counsel in NC. Our NC clients have received some great results in debt collection harassment cases. If you live in NC, and GC Services is harassing you, you have tons of leverage to get a great settlement.
HOW CAN WE USE THE LAW TO HELP YOU?
We will use state and federal laws to immediately stop GC Services debt collection. We will send a cease and desist letter to get the harassment to stop the same day. If GC Services violates the FDCPA, EFTA, FCRA, or any state laws, you may be entitled to money damages. For example, under the FDCPA, you can get up $1,000.00 in damages plus actual damages. The FDCPA has a fee-shift provision. This means, GC Services pays our attorney’s fees and costs. If you have a TCPA case against GC Services, we will handle it based on a contingency fee.
THAT’S NOT ALL…
We have helped hundreds of consumers stop phone calls from GC Services. We know how to stop the harassment and get you money damages. ONCE AGAIN, you will not pay us a penny for our time. We will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or based on a contingency fee. That means, GC Services pays our attorney’s fees and costs.
What If GC Services Is On My Credit Report?
Based on our experience, GC Services does credit report. That means, GC Services will mark your credit report with the debt they are trying to collect on. In addition to GC Services, the original creditor may be on your credit report. For example, if you owe Sallie Mae Bank on a student loan, and GC Services is collecting on it, both Salle Mae Bank and GC Services may have separate entries on your credit report. This is important because you will want both parties to update your credit report if you pay off the debt.
THE GOOD NEWS IS…
If GC Services is on your credit report, we can help you dispute it. Mistakes on your credit report can be very costly. Along with causing you to pay higher interest rates, you may be denied credit, insurance, a rental home, a loan, or even a job because of these mistakes. Some mistakes may include someone else’s information on your credit report, inaccurate public records, stale collection accounts, or maybe you were a victim of identity theft. If you have a mistake on your credit report, there is a process to dispute them. My office will help you pull your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information.
If a credit reporting agency violates its obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), you may be entitled to statutory damages up to $1,000.00, plus the credit reporting agency will be required to fix the error. The FCRA also has a fee-shift provision. This means, the credit reporting agency pays your attorney’s fees and costs. Therefore, you will not pay me a penny for my time. We have helped dozens of consumers fix inaccurate information on their credit reports.
Complaints against GC Services
If you’re on this page, chances are you are just like the hundreds of consumers out there being harassed by GC Services. The complaints on the Better Business Bureau (“BBB”), various consumer websites, including Yelp, and even the complaints on this page (below) are endless. GC Services is accredited by the BBB. The BBB gives GC Services an “A-” rating. Despite its “A-” rating, there are nearly 133 customer complaints on the BBB.
Here are some of the many BBB complaints regarding GC Services:
- “This company is terrible to deal with. Repeated calls, apparently, with no messages left. They stoop so low as to tell you there is nothing you can do about your credit, but pay the debt, they say. Further, they call other people’s phones looking for you! Even AFTER payment was made”
- “I have been paying for a year on my student loans that were defaulted to GC Services. I have not received any verification that my account is out of default even though I have been paying. They are extremely rude and not willing to help.”
- “Worst customer service I’ve experienced in my life.”
Reviews and complaints on Yelp do not get any better for GC Services. GC Services has an average of 1 star on Yelp. Here’s what people on Yelp have to say about GC Services:
- “I started with them 2013 a guy called from their office and they said my debt would be paid after 14 months. I made arrangements to pay from my account directly on a monthly basis. Here it is 2016 and I’m still paying for a debt I could have paid my debt directly instead of going thru them because it seems they are charging fee so I’m paying double for a debt, something I could do myself instead of them being the middle man.”
- “I have to agree with the other reviews. I was trying to pay off my debt but after dealing with this company there is no way I will ever pay.”
- “The customer service and overall professionalism is nil, nothing, not there!”
- These people are not courteous, nice, [nor] intelligent and are barely human beings. I owed a court less than $100 for a fine that I got 10 years ago and these people made me absolutely despise the court system that hired them. No manners, no logic and just plain rude.”
Cases We Have Handled Against GC Services
I THINK YOU’LL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY…
Threats and harassment by collection agencies can be pretty intimidating. Well, it turns out we can stop the harassment, attempt to get you money damages under the law, and the collection agency will have to pay us our fees and costs. Here are some of the cases we’ve handled against GC Services:
- Christian B. v. GC Services. In this case, GC Services began calling our client on his cell phone regarding a consumer debt. The calls started sometime in or around March of 2017. GC Services called our client from 225-341-8727, which is one of GC Services numbers. That same month, a cease and desist letter was sent to GC Services, asking them to stop calling our client. Despite receiving the cease and desist letter, GC Services continued to call our client. A second cease and desist letter was mailed out to GC Services in April of 2017. GC Services acted in disregard of the law and continued to call our client after receiving two written requests to stop calling. In this case, we alleged GC Services violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Raymond W. v. GC Services Services. Raymond lives in New Hampshire, and GC Services was attempting to collect on a consumer debt from our client. GC Services called our client from 866-749-7274, which is one of GC Services numbers. On or around March 18, 2016, GC Services left a voicemail message for our client stating, “Hi Raymond W. This is Lizzy Johnson. Please return my call at 866-749-7274. Thank you.” Our client received three more calls in which GC Services failed to state that the communications were attempts to collect a debt. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) debt collectors are required to state that the communication is an attempt to collect a debt. In this case GC Services also called our client after receiving a cease and desist letter revoking consent. We alleged GC Services violated multiple sections of the FDCPA.
- Craig H. v. GC Services Services. Our client lives in Florida. Not only is he protected by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, but he is also protected by the state Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act. Here, GC Services was attempting to collect on a debt allegedly owed for a student loan. During one call between GC Services and our client, our client informed GC Services that he and his wife were already making payments to a different company in regards to the alleged debt. GC Services told our client that it did not matter who else was receiving payments. In addition to violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, we also alleged GC Services violated the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, for entering into a payment arrangement without written consent from our client and withdrawing two electronic payments from our clients’ checking account.
Here’s What Our Clients Say About Us
“A great experience with an even better outcome! I went to Agruss Law Firm for help end the harassment from collectors. I didn’t know my rights but they did.”
“5 star experience. Excellent staff and very transparent.”
“I would like to thank the Agruss law firm for the great job they did representing my case. Not only did they provide excellent services but the most important thing to me was that they looked after my “rights”. Many consumers don’t fully understand the law when it comes to debt collectors.”
Can GC Services Sue You?
Anyone can sue anyone for any reason. Since GC Services is a third and first party collector there is a chance they could sue you for debt owed to them or their parent company. We have not seen GC Services sue our clients often, if at all. But, GC Services is large enough and has the means to sue. So, we would not be surprised to hear that GC Services sued over a debt. If GC Services has threatened to sue you, call us. We can help.
Can GC Services Garish Your Wages?
Yes, if GC Services is collecting on a federal loan. Besides federal loans, GC would first have to get a judgment. If GC Services has not sued you, then GC Services cannot get a judgment. If GC Services does not have a judgment, then GC Services cannot garnish your wages. Minus limited situations (usually dealing with debts owed to the government for student loans, taxes, etc.), in order to garnish someone’s wages, you need a judgment first.
GC Services Settlement
If you want to settle a debt with GC Services ask yourself these questions first:
- Do I really owe this debt?
- Is this debt within the statute of limitations?
- Is this debt on my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will GC Services remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will the original creditor remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will I get something in writing from GC Services confirming the payment and settlement terms?
These are not the only things to consider when dealing with debt collectors. We are here to help you answer the questions above, and much more. Whether its harassment, settlement, pay for delete, or any other legal issue with GC Services the folks at Agruss Law Firm are here to help you.
Share Your Complaints about GC Services Below
Post your complaints about GC Services. Sharing your complaints about GC Services will help other consumers know what to do when GC Services starts calling. Sharing your experience may help someone else.
HERE’S THE DEAL!
If you are being harassed by GC Services over a debt, you may be entitled to money damages. Get up to $1,000 for harassment, and $500-$1,500 for illegal robocalls. Under various state and federal laws, we will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or based on a contingency fee. That means, the collector pays your attorney’s fees and costs. You won’t pay us a penny. We have settled thousands of debt collection harassment cases. Let us help you today. Contact Agruss Law Firm at 888-572- 0176 to stop the harassment once and for all.